Who We Are
As we carry out the simple tasks of loving God and loving others, Annaville Baptist Church is daring to believe that God will work in our midst in such power and might that He and He alone will receive glory.
• It is the vision of thousands of people who love God so much that they are literally sold out to Jesus Christ and willing to give everything for Him in radical obedience.
• It is the vision of a church that loves God so much that we are truly worshiping Him in Spirit and in truth. It is the dream of having a group of believers who are not gathered to be entertained, or pampered, or coddled, but to enter into the presence of God.
• It is the vision of a church that is experiencing the "awe" of the presence and power of God just as it was experienced in the early church: "Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles." Acts 2:43
• It is the vision of a church that loves others enough to go boldly and proclaim the name of Jesus everywhere they go so that the church is multiplying day by day. It is our dream to see thousands equipped to evangelize and committed to witness to every person in the Coastal Bend.
• It is the vision of thousands of Sunday School classes reaching, teaching, and ministering in the name of Jesus Christ.
• It is the vision of a church that loves the broken, the lonely, the outcast, the destitute, and the depraved enough to reach out so that they might be healed. It is our dream to have a facility where people can be housed who really need healing and deliverance. This is not to be a place where people are simply given a quick fix and sent on their way, but a place where they are really helped.
• It is the vision of a rich tapestry of individuals from every race, ethnic group, and culture worshiping together just as it will be in Heaven.
• It is the vision of believers daring to love others across denominational lines and counting our brothers in Christ of value even when there are obvious areas in which we do not agree. It is this kind of love that Jesus prayed that we might be unified with as a testimony to the world so that they might be drawn to Christ.
• It is the vision of sending believers to mission fields around the world to spread the love of Jesus Christ. A true dream would be to have missionaries in every country of the world to witness, to love, to build, to disciple, to bring healing to others in His name.
• It is the vision of a ministry for widows "who are widows indeed." This would be a ministry that would give them the availability of housing or allow them to stay in their own home with the care and assistance that they need.
• It is the vision of a ministry to orphans. Our dream would be to have a ranch where the children could learn about the love of Jesus Christ and at the same time have hands on opportunities to learn to use their hands and learn about life and existence outside of the hustle and bustle of the city.
• It is the vision of a place of prayer that is functioning 24 hours a day, 365 days a year where the prayers of the saints of God are never ceasing. We woul like to see our prayer chapel be a place with phone lines available for others to call and know that someone is there who will pray for them and help them in their time of need.
• It is the vision of going into struggling and sometimes torn churches with a plan and assistance to strengthen them, help them heal, encourage them, and restore their ministry to a place of strength for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
• It is the vision of a healing ministry for ministers who have been victims of spiritual warfare and have been forced to leave the ministry, sometimes through no fault of their own, and other times because of sin that has crept into their lives. They need healing, restoration, and counsel to restore them rather than throwing them away as useless.
• It is the vision of new churches planted all over the United States in areas where the gospel of Jesus Christ is not shining brightly. We desire to go into places that display hardness and spiritual darkness and erect a spiritual light house.
• It is the vision of a huge warehouse equipped with water, food, clothes, and other goods that are readily available to be used to help others in a time of crisis. This could mean helping individuals on a daily basis or having the ability to load a truck and have it availabe with help in the face of disasters around the country.
• It is the vision of a retirement community where the elderly are valued and given the opportunity to continue to be a part of a viable ministry, even as they are being minister to themselves.
• It is the vision to have the wisdom to know when God is leading us in a new direction and having the faith to walk in the places where the work can only be done if he is in the middle of it.