Who We Are
• Purpose Statement: Annaville Baptist Church exist to love God and to love people.
• Our Biblical basis is the understanding that everything hangs on the Great Commandment.
"And He said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." Matthew 22:37-40
• Loving God was a key in the Old Testament that had been taught as vital to the Hebrew people.
"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." Deuteronomy 6:4-5
• God made it clear that this love for Him was to be taught with all diligence.
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:6-9
• Loving people was also clearly taught in the Old Testament.
"You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:18
• To love God I must know Him, love Him, and serve Him.
• To love people I must know them, win them, and disciple them.
• As we learn to know God we learn of:
1. God the Father, or we learn of the attributes of God.
2. God the Son, or we learn of the work of salvation which has been done for us by Christ.
3. God the Holy Spirit, or we learn of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
• As we learn to worship God we learn that:
1. We must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
2. We worship corporately with others.
3. We worship as a matter of lifestyle.
• As we learn to serve God we learn about:
1. Living a crucified life.
2. Living a Spirit-filled life.
3. Living out our life purpose (God's mission for our lives).
• As we learn to love people we learn to love them as they were created:
• As we learn to win people we learn of:
1. Personal evangelism (At ABC we utilize the tool of FAITH Evangelism)
2. Church evangelism
• As we learn to disciple people we:
1. Teach them
2. Care for them
3. Fellowship with them
• In this process our purpose statement becomes a mission statement.
I am offering real hope and real change to my world as I love God by knowing Him, worshiping Him, and serving Him; and as I love people by knowing them, winning them, and discipling them.
• Five key words become primary to all that we do: